Friday, July 31, 2009

HOME AGAIN

Oh, it is so nice to be back. Brett and I both already miss being with the fam but back to real life we must go. We had a wonderful time being in Corvallis. This trip was much more enjoyable for both of us. It was laid back and we didn't try to see everyone that we could. Just spending time together and with the family were what mattered. We went to the coast and some frisbee games but mostly just relaxed. Brett's mom helped me so much! I brought a bag of fabric and am happy to say it is all in pieces now. I don't think I could have managed on my own...so let the sewing begin!

I don't know what it is exactly but whenever we go visit our families we always seem to come back with a car load. Claire and Stephen brought us a few more baby items. Thanks guys! Then I visited the cloth diaper store, we recieved a gift from friends and Karin stocked us up with more jam and fruit than we know what to do with. Don't you just love families! The most surprising items we brought home with us all belong to Brett. At our wedding we got 2 gift cards for Home Depot. We don't have one very close to Rexburg so we took them to Corvallis. We had absoluely no idea how much money they had on them but we thought Duane would help get us the most bang for our buck. Well Brett now has more stuff than it seems we will EVER possibly need. It was fun to go with Brett and Duane and watch them run around the store spending all that money. I am definitely going to be giving Brett some projects that he can do with all of the stuff we've accumulated.

On top of all that Duane also sent Brett home with a Fly fishing pole and gear to go with it. Brett now thinks he is going to be fishing once a week. I hesitantly gave him permission (not that he needed it) So on Brett's days off of work, he will be waking up VERY early to go fishing for awhile. I told him as long as he promised he would spend some of that day off with me he could go.

It was so wonderful to take a break for awhile but now we both have to get back to work. Brett to his job and me to getting everything ready for Liza's coming. It is afterall, crunch time and it seems like we still have a million things to do before we're ready but alas, ready or not here she comes just a measly 5 to 9 weeks (due in 7 well now 6 basically) see the time is already slipping away! For now its good to be home.

2 comments:

  1. What did you decide about cloth diapers? Did you get to try out some different kinds? Corvallis is fun! :o) Glad you are home safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to see some pictures of your pregnant self:)

    ReplyDelete