Monday, September 6, 2010
So Alone...
Hey, Brett here. I decided that I would write and give voice (but not eloquence) to my lonely state. Since Jen's sister, Sarah, is doing some caning with her parents Jen decided that now would be a good time to go back home and visit the family. Sadly that meant leaving poor ol' Brett home with his mommy and daddy and without his two favorite girls for 10 whole days (I think, I haven't actually counted). That being said I have managed to fill my time quite well. Saturday morning I woke up and it felt like Christmas used to when I was a little kid because COLLEGE FOOTBALL IS HERE!!! And can I just say that DVR is so worth it on game day. Between games I managed to get out and play some frisbee golf with my brother and we tried out a new course and he beat me by one stroke, but he has played way more than I have so I'll catch him one of these days. Sunday was a day spent in r&r and it turns out that I really needed it because I woke up at 3:45 in the am to go and do some salmon fishing on the Columbia River about 48 miles west of Portland. Tuesday I plan on working at the farm and then taking off to try out my new pontoon fishing raft on the Santiam and get me a salmon and hopefully a lot of steelhead. Wednesday wil be spent preparing for my Thursday - Sunday whitewater rafting/fishing trip down the Rouge River in Southern Oregon. So as you can see my days have been spent in lonliness. I do plan on heading up to Washington early Monday morning so that I can see Jen and Liza because I've decided that not coming home to them every day sucks. But until then I'm trying to fit in all the things that Jen won't let me do when she's here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment